The International March of the Living is excited to participate in Giving Tuesday, a global day of charity and good deeds following Thanksgiving.
“I marched for remembrance.
I marched because we will never forget.
I marched so that this atrocity never happens again.”
When you donate to March of the Living, it has a powerful effect.
- Provide a scholarship for a student to experience this once-in-a-lifetime mission to Poland and Israel as one of 10,000 March of the Living participants to remember the past and ensure the future.
- Bring a Holocaust survivor to Poland and Israel to March along with young participants from 52 countries through the gates of Auschwitz and the streets of Jerusalem.
- Provide educators with specialized Holocaust resource materials aimed at preparing students to understand the ramifications of prejudice, intolerance and hatred.
- Provide all 10,000 participants visiting the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp the medical and psychological support personnel necessary for the emotional human response of witnessing the scene of a mass genocide.
- Provide kosher meals for each student, survivor and educator on the March.
- Provide essential security measures to ensure a peaceful and secure experience at various sites in Poland and Israel including Auschwitz – Birkenau, the Warsaw Ghetto walking tour, Latrun and the Kotel.
Since 1988, over 260,000 individuals have participated in this world-renowned educational program which brings students, adults and Holocaust survivors from around the globe to Poland and Israel to learn about the history of the Holocaust and the State of Israel. This journey has a proven success record of strengthening commitment to preserve the lessons of the Holocaust and promoting the acceptance of one’s social responsibility to secure a better future for all.Rachel, a 2016 participant, writes, “As I traveled through concentration camps and met with survivors, I established an understanding that connected me to the Holocaust in a profoundly personal way. I now understand that I needed to bear witness because soon we will have to assume this responsibility”.
Make a difference and support March of the Living on #GivingTuesdayDONATE